Wednesday 31 December 2014

New Years Eve Wed Dec 31 2014

It snowed late yesterday afternoon and evening but it was worth it this morning:
This was the view from our bedroom/balcony - I did go outside but it was and still is cold: -9C with winds up to 50kmh  --
Nevertheless, my running friends will be out at this time doing their New Years Eve "thing" as we have done together in the past 40 years:

OK? I did it!





I took 79 photos - just think how many words I could have written! Here is 1 for new era Inuit:

And do not forget, Baby, it's cold outside. Maybe he has a package of frozen fish fingers for tonight?
Personally my thoughts tend to combine memories of summer, past and future with these images:







I wanted to climb the willow above.
And finally, a very old tradition is to wish everyone a "good slide" into the new year - or guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr. I did that this morning, 150m into my "run"
Hope everyone arrives safely, every time, everywhere, and in good health. And for Scottish ancestors:
The basic Scottish Gaelic equivalent is slàinte mhath to which the normal response is do dheagh shlàinte "your good health". wob

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the lovely wintry images. A healthy and happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete