Friday 6 February 2015

Train of Thought

About a week ago I had this brilliant idea for an entry and I set to work to create something which would explain something very difficult - well I am having fun but you will just have to wait!

Now a couple of days ago the weathernet published a 3minute videoof a New Brunswick freight train plowing through snow and I recalled photographing a local train at Washago - maybe off Canal Road or South Muskoka 13 (Wed Mar 2, 18:10/6:10pm, 2011):









So yesterday, while searching for swans I also had my eyes open for trains - the trans Canada VIA passenger train has a stop here in the wee hours of the morning when it is on time - otherwise when it appears.





The driver/Lokführer actually took a photo of me photographing him!
The irony of all this is that shortly after this Vicki and I drove to Centenial Park to look at the swans when a trasin came through at speed going in the opposite direction (East-bound) enveloped in a snow cloud. And I missed it. That is to say I saw it but did not photograph it - you will have to be with us next time! wob

PS Here is another link to the same video

No comments:

Post a Comment